The Teachers Recruitment Board was established in 1987 with the primary objective of recruiting teachers for Government Schools and Government Colleges. 1,37,056 Teachers and Assistant Professors have been recruited during the last twenty six years. In addition, Teachers Recruitment Board has been nominated as the Nodal Agency for conducting Teacher Eligibility Test by the Government.
Subsequent to which it has conducted three Teacher Eligibility Tests for recruiting Secondary Grade teachers and Graduate Assistants. The Teachers Recruitment Board is in the process of recruiting 938 Secondary Grade Teachers, 13,777 Graduate Assistants, 842 Special Teachers, 2881 Post Graduate Assistants for School Education Department. 1093 Lecturers and Assistant Professors for Higher Education Department.
- ASST.PROFESSOR (ARTS, SCIENCE, ENGG.)
TRB Post Graduate Assistant:
Teachers Recruitment Board, Tamilnadu Post Graduate Assistants/ Physical Education Directors exam eligibility details are given below….
Age Limit: Candidates should not be over 57 years as the age of superannuation is 58 years.
Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess M.A./ M.Sc./ M.Com. in the relevant subject with B.Ed. As per G.O.Ms.No. 361 School Education Department dated 31-12-1999. Candidates should have studied the same subject in Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree, both for academic subjects and Languages. For the post of Physical Education Director-Grade-I, the candidates should have any Bachelor’s Degree with M.P.Ed. Degree. All degrees should be from UGC/ NCTE recognised Universities only. The candidates applying for the posts should have passed Tamil Language as Part I or Part II upto SSLC and PUC/ Higher Secondary Course levels. If not, he/she should pass Tamil Language Test conducted by the Tamilnadu Public Service Commission within two years from the date of their appointment.
Equivalent Qualifications: If a candidate claims that the educational qualification in the subject possessed by him/her is equivalent to though not the same as those prescribed for the appointment, he/she has to produce the subject equivalence G.O issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Government orders issued prior to the date of this notification alone be considered.
TRB ASSISTANT PROFESSOR:
Educational Qualification: BE/BTech and ME/MTech in the relevant branch of engineering/ PG degree in the relevant subject
- Written Examination: The written examination will consist of a single paper of 3 hours duration with 150 MCQ’s each question carries one marks. the marks alloted for Main Subject is 110, marks alloted for Educational Methodology is 30 and 10 marks for General Knowledge. Candidates who qualified in written examination will be called for certificate verification.Note: If more than one candidate secures the lowest or same cut- off mark for the particular communal turn, all such candidates will be called for CV.
- Certificate Verification: Candidates short-listed in written examination shall bring the original and attested copies of all Certificates as stated in the call letter for Certificate Verification. All Certificates should have been issued prior to the last date for submission of filled-in Applications. Certificates issued after the cut-off date will not be considered. Teaching experience certificate issued by Headmaster / Principal of the School should be countersigned by the Inspecting Officer concerned.
- Weightage Marks: Weightage marks as detailed below will be given after Certification Verification for the short-listed candidates. These marks will be added to Written Examination marks for preparing the final merit-cum-communal Selection list.
Marks 1 Period of Wait after
registration in the
Chennai – 600 004
Less than 1 year 0 1 to 3 years 1 3 to 5 Years 2 5 to 10 Years 3 Above 10 Years 4 2 Experience of
teaching in 11 & 12
Std. In any
(in their PG Degree
1 to 2 years 1 2 to 5 years 2 Above 5 Years 3
- Selection: The provisional list of candidates selected for appointment after Certificate Verification and after addition of weightage marks for period of wait in Employment Exchange and Teaching experience for the short-listed candidates, will be published in the website viz. http://www.trb.tn.nic.in and in the Notice Board of TRB. Intimation to the provisionally selected candidates will also be sent by post individually. The final eligibility of the candidates will be subject to the decision of Teachers Recruitment Board and the appointing authority. The appointment orders will be issued by the concerned Department to which the candidates are provisionally selected after verifying their eligibility for the post they are selected.
Scheme of Examination: The written examination will consist of a single paper of 3 hours duration with 150 MCQ’s each question carries one marks. The marks allotted to the Main Subject, Educational Methodology and General Knowledge are as follows:
|S. NO||Exam Type||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||Objective Type||Conecerned Subjects||Part A
General Knowledge Syllabus:
• Indian Constitution.
• Economy – India.
• General Science.
• Science & Technology.
• History – India & Tamil Nadu.
• National & International Organizations.
• geography – India, Tamil Nadu & World.
• Important Days.
• People & Personalities.
• Social- Economic & Cultural Issues.
Assistant Professor Engineering Subjects:
• Concrete Technology.
• Solid Mechanics, Structural Analysis.
• Steel Structures.
• Reinforced Concrete Structures.
• Civil Engineering Materials and Construction.
• PSC Structures.
• Hydraulic Structures.
• Hydrology & Water Resources Engineering.
• Transportation Engineering.
• Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering.
• Fluid Mechanics.
• Applied Thermodynamics.
• Fluid Mechanics.
• Balancing of Reciprocating Masses.
• Internal Combustion Engines.
• Measurement & Metrology.
• Manufacturing Planning & Control.
• Industrial Engineering & Enterprise Resources Planning.
• Basic Electrical Engineering Concepts.
• AC Fundamentals.
• Measurement and measuring instruments.
• Electrical Machines.
• Network Theory.
• Magnetic Circuit.
• Power Electronics & Drives.
• Power Systems.
• Basic Electronics etc.
• Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems.
• Electrical and Electronic Measurements.
• Digital Electronics.
• Analog Electronics.
• Transducers, Mechanical Measurement.
• Analytical, Optical Instrumentation.
• Control Systems and Process Control.
• Signals, Systems, and Communications.
• Operating System.
• Digital Logic.
• Programming and Data Structures.
• Computer Organization and Architecture.
• Compiler Design.
• Computer Networks.
Assistant Professor Non-Engineering Subjects:
• Common vocabulary.
• Use of Idioms & Phrases and their meaning.
• Sentence structure.
• Comprehension of passage.
• Algebraic expressions.
• Square & Square Root.
• Cube & Cube Root.
• Surface Area and Volume.
• Place of Mathematics in Curriculum.
• The language of Mathematics.
• Nature of Mathematics/Logical thinking.
• Thermal properties of matter.
• Kinetic theory.
• Laws of motion.
• Systems of particles and rotational motion.
• Mechanical properties of fluids.
• Moving charges and magnetism.
• Semiconductor electronics.
• Electromagnetic waves.
• Organic chemistry
• P-block elements – group 14 (carbon family).
• Chemical equilibrium and acids-bases.
• D and f block elements & coordination compounds.
• Environmental chemistry.
• Atomic structure.